· To comprehend crop husbandry of major field crops with emphasis on critical production factors.
Origin, history, morphology, adaptation, distribution and agro technology of wheat, rice, maize, cotton, sugarcane with special emphasis on regional crops. Management, constraints and measures to optimize crop productivity. Modern techniques for crop improvement.
Demonstration of improved sowing methods. Raising and transplanting of rice nursery. Delinting of cotton seed by conventional and modern techniques, its impact on seed germination and seedling establishment. Techniques of maintaining optimum plant population under field conditions. Plant characteristics and phenological development of major crops.
1. Khalil I.A and A. Jan. 2002. Cropping Technology. National Book Foundation, Islamabad.
2. Khan, S. R. A. 2001. Crop Management in Pakistan with Focus on Soil and Water. Directorate of Agricultural Information, Punjab. Lahore.
3. Martin, J.H., R.P. Waldren and D.L. Stamp. 2006. Principles of Field Crop Production, 4th Ed., The Macmillan Co., New York.
4. Nazir, M.S. (Ed.) 1994. Crop Production. National Book Foundation, Islamabad.
5. Stoskopf, N.C. 1981. Understanding Crop Production. Reston. Pub. Co., Inc. Reston, Virginia.
- Teacher: Javaid Iqbal