Course Contents and Recommended Books
Micro and macro economics; economic aggregates and flow of economic activities; Macroeconomic issues: economic growth, stability and social welfare; Macroeconomic policy framework; National income and product accounts; Theories of consumption/saving and investment; Money, bonds and interest; Macroeconomic equilibrium and policy effectiveness; Inflation-unemployment; trade-off; International trade; balance of payments and exchange rates.
- Mankiw, G. (2001). Principles of Economics. 2ndEdition. South-West Publishers.
- Samulson and Nordrons. (2004). Economics. 18th Edition. McGraw Hill. Inc.
- Parkin, Michael. (2004). Macroeconomics. 7th Edition. Prentice Hall.
- Miller, R.L. (2005). Economics Today. 14th Edition. Addison Wesley.
- Sloman, J. (2010). Economics, Latest Edition.
- Teacher: Aabera Atta