English-II (Communication Skills)
What are Communication and Process
CV and job application
Study skills: Skimming and scanning, intensive and extensive, and précis writing and comprehension
Academic skills: Letter/memo writing, minutes of meetings
Presentation skills: Personality development (emphasis on content, style, and pronunciation)
- Teacher: ayesha ismail
The course will provide familiarity about history of social thought, stages of social development and change. The course will emphasize contributions of Western, Eastern and Muslim Thinkers towards social thought and social development.
a. Historical Development of Social Philosophy
2. Early Social Thought
a. Folk Thinking
f. Indian Social Thought
3. Contribution of Muslim Thinkers in Social thought
a. Abuzar Ghafari
i. Wealth Theory
b. Imam Ghazali
i. Causes of group life
ii. Social justice
iii. Educational reforms
i. Philosophy of history
ii. Science of culture
iv. Rise & fall of nations
v. Causes of social life
d. Shah Waliullah
i. Evolution of society
ii. Causes of social life
iii. Societal disease
iv. Concept of perfect society
e. Moulana Ubedullah Sindhi
i. Basic Human Ethics
f. Allama Iqbal
i. Concept of self
ii. Theory of religion
1. Bogardus, Emory S. 1960. The Development of Social thought. 4th ed. New York: Longmans, Green & Co.
2. Coser, Lewis A. 1971. Masters of Sociological Thought: Ideas in Historical and Social Context. New York: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich Publishers
3. Coser, Lowis A. 1977. Masters of Sociological Thought. New York: Harcourt Brace Jovanarich Publisher
4. Kinlock, Graham C. 1987. Sociological Theory:Its Development and Major Paradigms. New York: McGraw Hill Inc.
5. Keat, Russel and John Urry. 1982. Social Theory as Science. London: Routledge and Kegan Paul Ltd.
6. Ritzer, George. 2000. Sociological Theory. 5th ed. York: McGraw Hill Book Co.
7. Turner J.H. 2003. The Structure of Sociological Theory. 7th ed. Australia: Thomson Wadsworth
8. Zeitlin, Irving M. 1981. Ideology and the Development of Sociological Theory. New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, Inc.
9. Turner, J H. 1987. The Structure of Sociological Theory Homewood Illinois: Dorsey Press.
10. Ritzer, George. 1988. Sociological Theory. Singapore: McGraw Hill.
11. Coser, L A. 1971. Master of Sociological Though: Ideas in Historical Social Context. New York, Harcourt Brace.
12. Dubin Robert. 1978. Theory Building. New York: Maxwell, Macmillan.
- Teacher: Dr. Muhammad Ali Tarar