Psychology is the scientific study of behavior and cognitive processes. Psychology is curious, interesting and pragmatic. It attempts to comprehend human nature. The basic course in psychology will provide the basis for the better comprehension of Management Sciences. Management is essentially getting things done from other people and this is not possible without a deeper understanding of human behavior. The scope of psychology is an ever-expanding phenomenon. Now psychological knowledge is applied to solve the problems of such diverse areas as management, environment, business, education, industry, and other important fields. An introductory and modern course in psychology will help the students to understand such applied and vital areas as organizational behavior, human resource management, consumer behavior, marketing management, advertising, and management in general. This course will also help the students to have a deeper understanding of their own selves and to cope with the environment pressures and to improve their quality of life.
• To improve academic standard in this region through the generation, assimilation, and dissemination of knowledge
• To make the students aware of recent trends in psychology
• To prepare people of this area to serve as intellectual resource base in this region.
• To enable the students to apply psychological knowledge for the economic and social betterment of Pakistan • To develop high quality professionals and behavioral scientists that are committed to pursuit of excellence, and are endowed with vision, courage, and dedication
- Teacher: Rafia Yasmeen
1. Perform hypothesis tests on the differences between two means using both independent samples and matched pairs experiments.
2. Use parametric and non-parametric techniques to make inferences about means and proportions for single or multiple populations.
3. Apply the tools of regression and correlation analysis to determine the nature and strength of relationships for both simple and multiple regression.
4. Qualitative data in addition to the use of Chi-squared tests of goodness of fit and independence.
5. Synthesize the depth and breadth of knowledge, knowledge of methodologies, application of knowledge, and communication skills according to the degree.
Inference About Comparing Two Populations
Analysis of Variance
Simple and Multiple Linear Regression and
Excel, SPSS and MiniTab Applications of all of the above
- Teacher: Sidra sidra hafeez